***This is a Repost***
The first free update will introduce the first incursion, a new challenging end-game activity developed specifically for squad play. Teams will be able to test their skills as they face seemingly unstoppable enemies to gain high-level weapons and equipment. This update will also add one of the community’s most-wanted feature, loot trading; allowing players in the same group to trade loot collected during a co-op game session.
In a Special Report on the official The Division Twitch channel, they finally revealed new information about the Incursions themselves and how the new gear sets will work. This breakdown summarizes the important points of the stream, but you can re-watch it anytime on Twitch.tv/thedivisiongame.
Story and Background
- Falcon Lost will be the first Incursion
- It takes place in a Water Treatment Plant and is a LMB Stronghold, because that is not really something that you bomb, when you want to take back New York
- Captain Perez reassembles the LMB to keep control and now it is our job to stop the rest of the LMB
- Multiple voice-overs and discussions that will be different each time
- You won´t be able to camp in Falcon Lost, you will have to change position on a regular basis
- There will be new enemies: Drones – they will flush you out of cover and need to be shot down
- You really need a good group and tactics, will be very difficult with PUGs
- It is not only about gear but also a lot about player skills
You need synergy between playstyles
Matchmaker is confirmed for Incursions. There is a Gear-Score recommendation for hard-mode and for Challenge Mode, you won´t be matched with players that are below a specific score.
No checkpoints in Incursions, when you die you have to start over
No weekly lookout for incursions you can play them as many times as you want.
The first time in the week you will get a very good reward, and after that you will get good rewards
More Incursions are planed (Columbus Circle is already confirmed for the Conflict update in May)
Future incursions will have different mechanics
Best/new gear and weapons than everywhere in the game (also new named weapons)
- The Difficulty of the Incursions is very high, because it needs group coordination, tactics and also good gear to beat the Incursion
- Incursions have two difficulties
- Hard Mode that will require the equivalent of the current level 31 high end gear
- Challenge Mode that will require the new gear-sets
The devs could beat the hard mode, so they made it more difficult.
The QC players needed days to beat the Challenge Mode Incursion.
- Player can drop items to give it to the other players in the group that were present as you got the item
- Dark Zone you have to go to a Checkpoints to trade the item (safe area)
- Dropped loot can be picked up by all players in the group
- Items can be dropped and traded multiple times in the 2h window after pickup
New Feature: Assignments
- There will be weekly and daily assignments
- You can earn Phoenix Credits and Division Tech
- Good rewards in general
- Example: killing 10 Cleaners
New Dark Zone Activities
- Drop from the sky that happens every hour on different locations and have very good rewards
- Only the first group that gets there will get the reward.
- Supply Drops are protected by hard enemies
- When you get the supply drop, you don´t have to extract them.
In general, they will add new activities in every future update
When you die during a group-mission, you can follow other teammates
You can switch between your teammates, look around and help them until you are revived
There are 4 gear sets
- Finding and equipping four pieces from a single set unlocks a new, never-before-seen talent for your Agent, which the developers aren’t revealing yet.
- You will also get a setbonus when you have a specific number of set-pieces equipped
- Gear sets will have other talents than what we already have
- Different gearsets per playstyle
- Are more powerful than High-Ends gear pieces – but you have to equip a multiple number of items to get the buff – but gear sets don´t have gear talents
Help a lot in the group synergy when players of the group have different sets…
Sentry’s Call – This is the Snipers Gear set
Striker’s Battle Gear – Combat Assault set
Path of the Nomad -Dark Zone / Solo oriented set (very vague)
Technician’s Authority – Support and Tech-Bonus
You can get Gear Sets from:
- Blueprints that can be bought
- Drop in Challenge Mode Missions
- Dark Zone
(you need to do multiple things to complete the set)
After you reach level 30 you are measured by gear score / now you don´t see player level but the gear score
The gear score is calculated by the gear you are wearing and is based on the quality and item-level
Gear score is also included in matchmaking. Matchmaking will also include the items you have in the inventory.
Player Level Cap
Agent level is still capped at 30, but your gear score can boost your abilities beyond your level, and are touted as a new way of leveling up for top-level players.
April 12th 2016 – on all platforms.